Covid communication for staff - Please note that this has been updated and can be found in the Assessment and Planning section under Practice Guidance:
For all CIN and CP cases
- All Red and Amber cases now require a face to face visit
- All Green cases remain virtual, however professional judgement should be used to determine if a face to face visit is required
- Where there are mitigating factors relating to health that may prevent you from a face to face visit professional judgement should be used.
- Those requiring a new assessment or urgent updated assessment should be considered with your managers oversight, the requirement and determination for a to face to face visit and in line with Government guidance.
For CLA cases
- All Amber cases now require a face to face visit (as with Red)
- All Green cases remain virtual; however professional judgement should be used to determine if a face to face visit is required
- Where there are mitigating factors relating to health that may prevent you from a face to face visit professional judgement should be used. This will require management oversight and a case discussion with an IRO for further planning
- For children and young people placed out of West Sussex – liaise with your Service Lead for a further discussion with the senior leadership team.
Improvement workshop update:
Book your place through the Learning and Development Gateway, you will receive a confirmation email from West Sussex Learning and Development Gateway CPD Online.
Resuming Contact update - Please note the guidance has been updated and this can be found in the Children Looked After section.
- Agreed start date for direct contacts 27th July 2020
- Scoping to take place by senior managers to prioritise which child(ren) should resume contact first in line with
- Agreeing where contacts can take place and capacity restriction due to this – buildings / rooms / garden space
- Prioritising agreed initial 2/3 contacts that need to be supported.
- August SCT to support 2 direct contacts per day per building during week 1 and 2 August 2020 (8 per week)
- Week 3 and 4 August increase capacity to 3 per day (12 per week)
- Up skilling contact supervisors during August 2020 to undertake direct contacts September onwards.
- Exploration around Contact supervisors undertaking transportation of children to contacts end-August 2020
In line with government guidance
- Increase capacity 2020 to 4 contacts per day face to face for 2 weeks to understand how to manage multiple
contacts safely (20 contacts face to face first 2 weeks September then review if this can increase to 3 per day for 2 weeks)
- Review mid-Sept 2020 to agree increasing capacity and transportation of children by supervisors
- Increase capacity by end Sept 2020